Saturday, January 16, 2010

~ All I want for Christmas ~


This is VERY VERY early Christmas morning, hence the kids look a little dozey...... just as well you can't see what I look like on the other side of the camera....LOL!
I did this LO for the "Jan no patterned paper" challenge on sb.com. That said, I obviously only used plain cardstock and plenty of embellishments.

Most of these embellishments are from the Candy Cane kit I bought from KatiesKreations4U.etsy.com. Again, these are just fabulous kits that the extremely talented Katie Atkins puts together. Included is this adorable candy lollipop vine. I used the Prima Opus clear stamp on the backround paper.

Don't you just love this stunning ribbon and red & white candy cane that's also included in the kit. I layered these all together and attached them to the paper with some clear thread (a trick I learnt from the brilliant GabrielleP. The flowers are Prima and are just gorgeous IRL.

Another favourite item from the kit are these stunning pins. I used some silver liquid pearls along the circle frame to add some definition.

I made these swirls with some liquid pearls on a transparentsy and then sprinkled some loose red glitter over. It gives the flourishes a velvity texture and looks really beautiful IRL.

Lastly I made these really cute rose buds by following Gabriellep's tutorial. She is just incredible and I find her tutorials so easy to follow. You can find the link to the tutorial along the right panel of my blog along with a few of my other favourites. This is the "6 petal punch rose bud"

5 comments:

  1. Wendy, your work is beautiful!! and I'm always happy to see people using my tutorials, (no problem with you posting the links hon :)

    Happy scrappin'

    ~Gabi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout. Like what you did with the candy cane embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout Wendy!!! I love all of the embellies that you used, and the red & white combo is just gorgeous!!! Also loving your new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete