Sunday, February 7, 2010

~ Boys with @itude ~


I finally had a few free hours to do a LO. This is my ds Jarrod (on the left) with one of his best friends. the pic was taken the day of their Hip Hop exam in 2008. I did this Lo for a couple of challenges on sb.com. I always struggle with boy LO's and always end up using the same old techniques, namely: painting, paper tearing and a lot of distressing.


I painted the backround cardstock with some black craft paint using an old toothbrush. It's such a fun technique. I used the same paint on the picture to give a more ditressed finish


I followed GarielleP's cabbage cardstock flower tutorial for these "flowers" but tried to make them not look feminine by scrunching them up and adding a lot of chalk and mist. I then attached them to a contrasting piece of cardstock which I also ditressed.


Here are a few more close-up of the various embellishments and finishes I used to create a distressed finish to the LO



No comments:

Post a Comment