Wednesday, February 24, 2010

~ ERI ~



When my dd was born part of the reason we chose the name Erin was that it was short and could therefore not be shortened into a nickname...........if only we knew! Erin has had several nicknames in her short 4 years. Everything from "The Erinator" because of a very destructive personality to "Eri Peri" because she has a bite like peri-peri.....LOL! Now she's just Eri (hence the page title)
This LO was done for a couple of challenge on the sb.com site. The colour challenge for Feb was pale yellow and pink. This is also for the "Use your supllies challenge" which is 4 challenges in 1 (diffrent challenge per week). I started off doing this for week 4 which required that you only use supplies OLDER than 6 months. Well I had a good start with the pic and pp's but then everything went pear shape when I couldn't resist adding some mist and liquid pearls (which are only about 3 months old). So I'll submit it for week 3 instead which required using punches or die cuts to make other items. I used the small and medium size 6 petal punches to make the paper roses. The tutorial by Gabrielle is listed on the right of my blog.
The design is based on a sketch by Beghuna.


This is just a close-up of the little roses which I punch out of the checked pp. I just love making these. They're time consuming but just so adorable.


I used an old butterfly die cut as a mask here. It's amazing what you can do with items in your stash that you think you'll never use again.
TFL

2 comments:

  1. Love this LO Wendy!!! Love the flowers & flourishes!!
    Your blog is very inspiring!! I recently received an award and would like to pass it on to you at: http://www.mymadkow.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete