Thursday, May 13, 2010

~ EXTREME~

I can honestly say that this is the most frustrating LO I have ever worked on. It all started with this idea I had in my head to create a "brick wall" background for this pic I took of my son and nephew taking turns to ramp over each other with a skateboard. I wanted to create a really grungy LO but instead it came out as one GIANT MESS!!!
Admittedly, I am more of a girlly LO scrapper so I always feel out of my comfort zone when I have to do a LO for my oldest son because I struggle to be creative with that style.
I started on this 2 WEEKS ago. creating the brick bg was the easy part because I already knew I wanted to do that, but that's when the trouble started........ I stared at this LO day after day not knowing what else to do to it to finish it off.
I eventually got tired of it all last night and took one last look, added some crackle paint, inked that once it was dry and then did some colour stitching to break the monotiny and decided that was as much time as I was prepared to spend on the LO. So here's the result and as you may have noticed, I'm not completely delighted with the result......

11 comments:

  1. Oh you have just inspired me with this LO!!!! Love it!! Very artistically cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't love this!!!??? I do! All of the detail and texture look amazing! I love the neon-ish photo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great work! I think that you are being too critical! I love the brick and the artistic flair! Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you about not knowing what to do with layouts that arn't girly! It is hard!! I love the paper strips with stitching - very bricky!! I love the action shot photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy the look of this lo is FANTASTIC!! you did amazing here with all the techniques you have used!! great lo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still say that this layout had fantastic techniques! It's such a unique look & design! I loved it! Great job Wendy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This jumped right off the page for me. Very artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, I still love it!! :)

    I have something I wanted you to peek by and see: http://scrappygolucky.blogspot.com/2010/05/brothers-black-white-red.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an Amazing lo!!!!! Love the brick! I know what mean some los are just hard to finish!

    Hope you can visit me!
    Have a great one.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard to step out of our comfort zones, isn't it?! I totally relate to how you feel about this. But I must say, it is very cool and original. And I like it a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete