Monday, October 11, 2010

~ The Purest Love~

This is a picture taken of my cousin Tammy with her DD Lily-Anne recently while they were on vacation in Durban and visited us. This is Tammy's first child and as with all first time moms, she is completed inlove with her little angel.

I did this LO for a couple of challenges over at sb.com and must admit that I had a hard time with this one. I've become so addicted to making my own embellishments that I felt a little lost doing a LO using all store-bought items.............CRAZY, Hey!!!! .....LOL!

The colours for the October colour challenge were Brown, cream, burgandy and pink..........sounds delicious hey!!!! I think these work fantastically together. I used the pink and burgandy as accent colours only for my LO. For the October Round We Go challenge we had to use 3 circles on circles so I used a simple design of just layering my circles with a LOT of distressing. 

 

I also made use of these 2 adorable Dusty Attic pieces. I used the "rusted" technique from Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities using the vintage embossing powder and distess ink.

I added bubblegum and caramel Shimmerz paint to some Prima Innocense flowers for a dusty pink finished look and then used some more of those great swirly leafs stamps from heartfelt creations. I used pine needle distress ink for mine.


This gorgeous vine is from my friend Katie's etsy shop. She makes the most divine vines and corner bouquets. The original vine had burgandy and white roses so I altered the white roses using shimmerz paints and spritz.

TFL.................








1 comment: