Sunday, February 13, 2011

~Rock Star~

This layout was done for the SNR monochromatic call. The colour was red obviously, but what makes the SNR monochromatic calls more of a challenge than any other monochromatic challenge I've ever come across is that we were only allowed to use various shades of red, NO NEUTRALS were allowed.
This made everything that much more difficult.

I decided to approached the challenge from a different angle. If I couldn't use colour to add interest to my layout then I'd use various textures instead.
I first painted my red cs with some red acrylic paint which I them sprinkled with some very fine glitter while it was still wet. Once that dried I added a piece of red corrugated board which I framed with red string beads. I used a piece of embossed metal sheeting to frame my photo. I coloured the metal with some raisin alcohol ink (the metal is much redder IRL). I also handcut some metal flowers which were also coloured with some raisin alcohol ink and layered with some painted Prima blooms and red pearls.
To finish off I coloured some rhinestone alphas with alcohol ink for my title lettering.

Even though this is not one of my favourite layouts I've ever done, I was excited to have met the criteria of the challenge and produced an interesting layout if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment