Saturday, April 16, 2011

Arch - Window to my soul


The March theme for Arches at SNR was Windows and Doorways so I decided to use this really sweet pic of my youngest two taken while they were playing on the lawn.
I first embossed some Ten Seconds studio metal sheet with the Sizzix Damask embossing folder. I sanded down all the raised images. I then cut a square window out of the metal and used this to frame the photograph. I then covered the window with 3-4 layers of clear UTEE to complete my "window".

I used polymer clay brushed with antique gold and green patina Perfect Pearls to create the vine framing the picture. I baked it on my craft sheet for 30 minutes on 230 degree fahreheit. I added the faux metal flower I also made from Polymer clay. The tutorial for this will be posted later this month.

To finish off I framed the entire arch with some string pearls I painted gold and added my lettering which I printed, cut out and inked the edges. I added a lovely piece of damask ribbon I
got as part of a gift from my dear friend Andrea (Zuk).

Personally, I'm really pleased with the result. Tags and arches are still very new to me but I'm really starting to enjoy making them.

1 comment: