Friday, June 17, 2011

Mixed Media - May projects

Ever since I joined SNR I've been drawn to mixed media more and more. I'm just loving getting my hands dirty in all the fun goops. It's also fun being able to work on smaller pieces to experiment with differnt techniques.
I used some molding paste for the background of this arch which I then painted with some Creative Inspirations paint. I also used some polymer clay to make the vine and mini leaves. I misted the piece of trim with some homemade mist.

I made this set of inchies using some Ranger sticky back canvas which I coloured with several combinations of  distress ink. I stamped the background using my heartfelt creation scrapt stamp and my vintage clock Inkadinkado stamp. I used some Kaiser Craft fabric brads for the center pieces.
I first painted the bg of this ATC with some gold acrylic ink. I stamped onto the painted bg with my script stamp. I then used my Prima mask and some Golden molding paste to add texture to my bg. Once the paste had dried I painted it with some Creative Inspirations paint. I embellished the ATC with some feathers, pearls and psinted Prima blooms to add a vintage flair.

1 comment: