Monday, July 18, 2011

Band Rock

This is my daughter playing with her toy guitar. I've had these pic in my picture box for over a year now. When I saw the call for "Family Fun Nights"over at SNR, I knew immediately that I'd use these pics. I don't usually do multi pictured layouts so this was areal challenge for me. At first I tried getting clever with the design but eventually I decided to keep it simple and placed the pics side by side. The pics are so adorable that I knew that needed to be the focus.
I used a lot of distressing on this LO and then layered the papers. I made a simple flower cluster using a homemade flower and some iamroses flowers. I also stamped out some paper leaves using my Heartfelt Creations stamp which I coloured with some distress inks.
I used this Dusty Attic Vine to border the top of the page. I used some gold acrylic ink and red and black Creative Inspiration paints.
I used some black stickles to highlight the title letters on the patterned papers I used.

Once I was finished with this LO I stepped back and was quite happy with the end result. I'm still not crazy about working with multiple pictures but this was great fun and refreshing break away from my usual designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment