Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Charmer

This pic of my son was taken on holiday in the Drakensberg. We went for a hike and found this amasing waterfall. Jarrod climbed high up on the rocks and I managed to get some great shots of him with the water gushing down in the background. I used one of my favourite collections from Bo Bunny, the Mamma Paparazi. I love the colour combinations of this line. This was also featured in the June issue of SNR.
I used some scraps of the same collection to make this paper flower using the TH Tattered florals die. I added some floral wire which I wrapped in floral tape and painted with some creative inspiration paints. I wrapped it around a paint brush handle to create some twirls.

I added some acrylic ink to some brads which I then used to lace some ribbons around. I wanted to use my paper die that's part of the collection is a slighted unconventional way so I cut it up and placed it at opposite ends of the page tieing it together with the lacing.

I embossed my chipboard title letters with some brass UTEE. I used a combination of black and brass UTEE to emboss a script stamp too on apposing corners below.

This paper is so gorgeous and the textures in the papers are so stgriking that I wanted to keep the design simple and not clutter the layout with too many embellishments like I sometime tend to do.
TFL.

2 comments: