Sunday, July 17, 2011

Angelic Little Boy

This is a LO I did for the June issue of SNR. This was done for the Scrap Your Stash call. Junes theme was eyelets and brads. I used some eyelets to do some lacing using ribbon. I really love this picture of my youngest son. I can't believe I managed to capture that look on his face. I used several techniques on this layout which have become firm favourites which I use more and more regularly.

I wanted to make the arch which is part of this gorgeous Bo Bunny Time Piece collection the centre of attention for my layout. One of my favourite products is polymer clay. I used some white polymer clay to make the vine and leaves which I coloured with some Perfect Pearls. I used green patina for the leaves and antique gold for the vine. I then formed an arch around the arch in the pp. Note: A helpful tip for making the leaves is to use a cutter that can be purchased from your local baking supply store. My cutter has a built in plunger that adds the veins to the leaves.

I used some tissue paper and gel medium for the window of the arch which I then painted with some gold acrylic ink to create texture
To fill the right side of the page I created this zipper like design. I tore a "v"into the paper and then laced some gold and burgandy organza ribbon together using eyelets.

I used some of this gorgeous Prima trim to finish off the "zipper" look. I also made some homemade mist using Aged Mahogany reinker and a tiny amount of white Perfect Pearls in a mini mister. I used this mist on the mini rose buds I placed around the arch. The flocked rub-ons in the corners are also from Prima. I absolutely love these.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Like the trim that looks like a bodice, the vines, the lovely phto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy! This page turned out gorgeous!!!!! Love the making of the vine. It turned out beautiful! The eyelet and lacing along with the zipper effect turned out equally beautiful! A favorite for me!

    ReplyDelete