Tuesday, February 28, 2012

**STTG #1 Challenge** Thankful 4 ur Girly Girl Smile

This is my first DT project for STTG. As I posted earlier, Tracy is hosting a monthly challenge with a $25 gift card up for grabs. Her first challenge was to create a LO, card or altered project using the word "Thankful" or "Thank You". Growing up I was a little bit of a tomboy so I never got to appreciate all the fun girly girl things. When I had my daighter I was a little worried that she may be the same because she had an older brother she idolised. But much to my relief she turned out to be the best of both worlds. She loves fashion and dressing up and being a girly girl but is just as capable to playing rough and tough with her 2 brothers.

For my flower clusters I really wanted the misted look but didn't want to necessarily mist my bg papers so I decided to experiment and built my clusters on some scrap chipboard, misted them with several different colour mists and then added the misted clusters to the LO. I really like how it turned out and I'll be putting a tutorial together shortly for the technique.

I finished my chipboard pieces off by dabbing some textured molding paste onto the entire surface area to create a rough textured finish. Once the paste had completely dried I painted over it with some Creative Inspiration Paints. I tucked the Dusty Attic dress form (available from the STTG store) behind the flower cluster and added some more mini roses to the waste.
To finish the LO off I added some lacing down the right using two colours of silk ribbon. This is a simple but eye catching lacing technique and a great way to fill empty space on a LO.

All the Dusty Attic pieces and Glitz papers in this LO are available at the STTG store so pop over there, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

1 comment:

  1. That was absolutely awesome! Great work of you, hope you post more and more. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete