Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rendezvous of Randomness First Challenge up and OPEN!!

This picture of my youngest DS was just perfect for the launch of yet another STTG monthly challenge called Rendezvous of Randomness being hosted by my fellow STTG DT member, Adrienne Ford. Adrienne is an incredibly talented artist and is well renown for her brilliant background creations. Her colour blending skills are true perfection and I personally look forward to seeing every new masterpiece she creates.  
The Rendezvous of Randomness challenge is just that.......Random! Adrienne will select a different challenge every month which will be posted on the 21st and run until the 20th of the following month. Like all the other STTG Challenges there will be  a $20 STTG STORE VOUCHER up for grabs in a random draw.
Her first challenge is this beautiful "Spring is in the air" colour challenge with a few extra twists.
  • Use the five color palette and matching photo as inspiration to create your project. Try to get the colors as close as you can to the palette. However, please don't stress- the point is to just have fun!

And because we all like a good twist here are some added things you can do to stand out in the gallery!
  • Twist #1- Because Spring IS in the air, add a nature element to your layout- this could be a bird, butterfly, or whatever "nature" is to you. Please specify in your description what element you chose. 
  • Twist #2- Add a wet medium to your background. This could be paint, gesso, inks, dyes, mists, etc. 
For my DT challenge contribution LO "Cool Beach Boy" I used both twists. I used my Dusty Attic Chicken Wire piece with some gesso to stamp on the white cs which I then misted over with some homemade mist to create my bg. I also added the large yellow butterfly as the second twist.
All the chippies on this were altered with some gesso which I layered on quite thick and then tapped with a finger to create extra texture and dimension.

Items used from the STTG store
Dusty Attic Chicken Wire panel
Dusty Attic Picket Fence
Zva Creative roses

I hope you'll come and join in the fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment